Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Black Cloister Give-A-Way

Last week I created my first book trailer so I could put a video clip about The Black Cloister online. I showed my version to Jon, and my wonderful husband took one look at it, cleared his throat, and said, “uh…do you mind if I take a shot?” ☺

He took quite the shot! After a couple all nighters, he worked his magic to compose music and produce a trailer more amazing than I could have ever imagined. I realize, of course, that I’m a little biased about the “amazing” factor so if you have time to review the trailer, we would both love to hear any comments or suggestions you have on how to make it more compelling.

Click here if you'd like to watch The Black Cloister trailer.

And if you review the trailer this week, please include your comment on ilovegiveaways.blogspot.com as well to register for a free copy of the book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Illuminating Fiction said...

Hey Mel,

Do you mind if I just comment here?

First up. Wow! Great trailer. The images and music really set the the story.

I have one suggestion.

Perhaps change the scrolling words to a voice over in Elise's voice. It would add more intimacy and character connection to the trailer.

Otherwise, fantastic. I loved it and it would get me interested in reading the book.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Mark Keefer said...

Great job on the trailer Jon! What did you create it on? It does a great job of making me want to read it.

BTW Melanie, your wedding day story is awesome. Happy Anniversary!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home