Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Monday, March 10, 2008

Frozen Winters in Ohio

My parent's home was buried under in Ohio this weekend. It made me remember all the frozen winters I spent there as a child--building snowmen, sledding down the big hill near our house, skating on the lake. But it was 65 and sunny in the Pacific NW yesterday so I'm having a hard time thinking about being in Ohio right now though my kids REALLY want to put on snow pants and stomp around in that wonderful white stuff. We only had a dusting of snow all winter here (no complaints from me...).

Here's a poem my stepmom sent me about winter in Ohio:

It's winter in Ohio
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Ohio
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Ohio
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

Author unknown

Last time I was in Ohio we were almost frozen to the ground, but we made it out in spite of the way-below-freezing temps and ice storm. Next time I visit will be in the summer. :)

My Parent's Front Porch


1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

HA! Love the poem. Your parents' front porch looks like my front porch. I'm tired of winter. But, at least it's supposed to be above freezing all week and the snow is starting to melt, be it ever so S-L-O-W-L-Y.

Another snowbound Buckeye,
Cheryl

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home