Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blue Monday

I heard on the news last night that January 21st is the "most depressing" day of the year. Fortunately, we had sun yesterday and a clear view of snowy Mt. Saint Helens and the formidable Mt. Hood. But we haven't seen much of the sun for the past three weeks--it's been hiding behind the gray, gloomy clouds that hover over the Pacific NW this time of year.

I've had several friends ask me how I'm doing with the "winter blues." I can honestly say, thank God, that I'm doing great. I was worried when we left all that wonderful sunlight in CA so I began taking a tablet of Vitamin D every day. I try and exercise every morning, and I've found that even though it's been raining almost daily, it's important for the girls and I to get out of the house so we go do story time at the library or go play at McDonalds or take yet another trip to Trader Joes. Anything to get a little fresh air and just maybe a glimpse of the sun.

Today Karly complained because the sun was "wrinkling her eyes." I guess that's what happens when you only see it a couple times a month.

The upside of these chilly, gray days is the cold, dark nights. I have a good excuse to start the fire and cuddle up with a good book, a hot mug of tea, and usually a kid or two who have decided that my bed is warmer than theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home