Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Favorite New Novels

It’s not often that I read a novel that captivates me, but this fall and winter, I’ve read three provocative, well-written, and inspirational novels that have sent me on a remarkable journey far removed from boxes, potty training, and deadlines. If you’re looking for a great book to read this spring, I highly recommend:

Coldwater Revival (Nancy Jo Jenkins)
Every beautifully written sentence in this book painted a picture. Every scene transported me back in time to the tragedy and triumph in the soft heart of the main character, Emma Grace. The author's passion for this story is palpable, and I savored every word.

Finding Faith (Denise Hunter)
If you read this novel, prepare yourself for an incredible ride. The story is about adoption, abortion, love, and grace with a twist that stunned me. Thankfully I started it on a Sunday afternoon because I literally couldn’t put it down.

Freefall (Kristen Heitzmann)
This romantic suspense grabbed me on the first page. A woman emerging from the base of a waterfall. Stunned. With amnesia. She hikes through a dense forest on Kauai and stumbles into the yard of a woman who changes her life.

And then, of course, there’s a terrific novel called Together for Good…but I can’t remember that author’s name.

Happy reading!

1 Comments:

Blogger Illuminating Fiction said...

"And then, of course, there’s a terrific novel called Together for Good…but I can’t remember that author’s name."

Oh, Oh! *raises hand*

I know!

:-)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home