Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Black Cloister

I just signed the contract for my third novel! Hooray!! I’m grateful to Kregel for their enthusiasm about this book tentatively called The Black Cloister.

As excited as I am about a new contract, this novel is going to be a tough book for me to write. In the story, my main character (Elise) finds out that her mom committed suicide—fifteen years after her mother’s death. Elise travels to Germany to uncover the truth behind her mother’s secret past, and she discovers that her mom was born into an abusive religious cult. When Elise infiltrates the cult, she realizes that the leader is intent on making her pay for her mother’s sins.

The Black Cloister should be in bookstores in May 2008, and I would appreciate your prayers as I finish this novel. My desire is to offer Christ’s hope and redemption in the midst of the darkness.

Thanks to God for this opportunity! He is good!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Illuminating Fiction said...

I'll be praying, Mel. From what I've seen, this will be a great story.

I'm looking forward to seeing another Melanie Dobson book on the shelves. :-)

Hugs!

2:52 AM  
Blogger MareAmi said...

Oh wow! What a story! Congrats on getting the new deal! So happy for you ... :)

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home