Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's here!!

It’s been my dream to write (and publish) fiction since I attempted my first Nancy Drew-esque novel in junior high. Six years ago, I began to seriously pursue fiction writing, but after completing three manuscripts (and still not finding a publisher), I was discouraged. It seemed like this dream had been a waste of time.

Then Kregel Publications picked up my third novel—the story of a woman's search for the son she lost in a failed adoption. The whirlwind began…contracts, rewriting, marketing, more rewriting. But the process didn’t quite seem real until I received my first copy of Together for Good in the mail this week and opened the cover. My novel. Amazing.

I thank God for His faithfulness. And I’m grateful for the friends and family who’ve supported and prayed for me during this journey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Illuminating Fiction said...

Oh wow! It's finally here, or rather, there.

I am so thrilled for you, Melanie!

{{HUGE HUGS}}

Doing a snoopy dance in celebration.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Sharon Hinck said...

YEAH!!!
I'm so happy for you!
I remember when we talked about our books at Mount Hermon.
What a joy to celebrate this with you!
Huge blessings,
Sharon

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home