Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Leia Finished Her Game

An hour after the State of the Union tonight, Leia finally finished her game.

I stopped tweaking the novel around eleven and e-mailed Leia's Game to the publisher for my Feb. 1st deadline. I know, cutting it a little close, but I’m glad to be done.

It took six months to write this novel, working on it almost every day since July. It’s been challenging, fun, and an education (can I get college credit for this?). I’m grateful to RiverOak for the opportunity to tell Leia’s story—can’t wait to see it in bookstores next spring.

The experts say to start writing another book the second you finish your current manuscript. Close one folder and open a new one. Maintain the routine.

I think I’ll start in the morning. Or the next day. After I do the laundry, vacuum the floors, pay my bills, and play with my girls.

So maybe it will be next week before I start my next book.

Fiction? Non-fiction? So many ideas, so much laundry, so little time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Illuminating Fiction said...

Whahoo! Go Melanie!!! :-)

Congratulations on finishing the second novel. May I make a suggestion on the next one? Fiction! Please. :-)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home